Dr. Gloria Thomas is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon – certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has over 30- years of experience in the medical field and 20 years in private practice.
Dr. Thomas graduated medical school in 1980 where she attended the University of Southern California School of Medicine. She went on to complete her residencies in General Surgery at the General Surgery Hospital and Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, The Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati, and completed her fellowship training in Plastic Surgery at Kettering Medical Center; Wright State University.
Dr. Thomas has received several “Top Doctor” designations and was named Woman of the Year for the city of Cincinnati. She has also been trained extensively in skin rejuvenation and is a Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
What should I look for when choosing a Dr?
It is especially important to choose a Dr. who is board certified in their field of practice. This assures the Dr. has extensive training and education and will provide the maximum level of care.
A board-certified plastic surgeon has:
- Graduated from an accredited medical school.
- Completed at least 6 years of additional training as a resident surgeon in a program accredited by the accreditation council for graduate medical education and at least 5 years in a program accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- The residency training must cover all areas of surgery, including at least 3 years devoted entirely to plastic surgery.
What is an ISAPS member and why is it important?
An ISAPS Member:
- Is qualified and experienced.
- Has a record of safety.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to ethical practice.
- Is trained in the safest, most up-to-date techniques and treatments.
“While many types of doctors can perform cosmetic surgery, you entrust your appearance and your life to the doctor you choose. Every cosmetic surgery procedure involves risks and potential complications. If you have decided to undergo cosmetic surgery abroad, you should be confident that the surgeon you choose is properly trained and qualified to perform your procedure. The most intelligent choice is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).”
Dr. Thomas specializes in Tummy Tucks, Breast Augmentations, Liposuction, Fat Transfers and Face Lifts to name a few. She provides the utmost post-operative care for her patients, and New Image Cosmetic Surgery is an incident free facility. We offer free consultations in our Winter Park office where you will personally meet the doctor and get all your questions answered!
References: https://www.isaps.org/, https://www.abplasticsurgery.org/